Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor – Internal Only – JOB#1647
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Diagnostic Radiology Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of the DI staff such as MRI, radiology, and computer-assisted tomography or ultrasound. This Supervisor will faithfully, industriously and to the best of his/her ability, perform all duties that may be required by virtue of the position and all duties set forth in EPH’s governing laws, regulations, contracts, bylaws, and in policy statements of the Board of Directors, to implement the strategic goals and objectives of EPH.
Shift: Full Time, Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All Staff Members perform in accordance with Estes Park Health’s Mission, Vision and Values
Daily Job Duties
- Determines, coordinates, and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels consistent with patient needs and scheduling
- Assesses quality of services delivered along with facilitating staff development programs. Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
- Provides direction, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff.
- Performs or assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions in cooperation with Senior Director
- Helps recruit, interview and hire new employees in cooperation with HR and Senior Director
- Conducts performance evaluations of all Diagnostic Imaging staff.
- Develops and implements radiology department policies and procedures in cooperation with Senior Director.
- Provides accurate and measurable quality metrics goals to staff and quality/safety Director
- Responsible for producing and maintaining budget and capital needs in cooperation with Senior Director
- Performs all job-related duties as assigned; may have additional department-specific duties assigned as deemed necessary by management to meet business needs.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Required Education: Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program.
- Required Licenses and Certifications: Registered as a Technologist (RT) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) OR Certified as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) OR Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
- Required Experience: 2 years of related experience.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
$37.12-$50.48, depending on years of experience.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.