Customer Service Representative – Full Time – JOB# 1496
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
The Customer Service Representative manages billing inquiries from patients by phone, email or walk-in and assists the patient in answering their questions. Explains payment options to patients to assist the patient in arranging payment for their account. Has knowledge of insurance plans such as commercial plans, Medicare, Medicaid and other programs to be able to explain benefits and provide information to patients. Has knowledge of financial assistance programs available such as Medicaid, CICP or the EPH Financial Assistance program to be able to guide patients to a Financial Counselor for further assistance needed in settling their account.
Full Time 8 hr days shifts, M-F
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Provides customer service to patients with billing concerns for Hospital and Clinic accounts by walk-in, phone or email.
- Works directly with the Lead Customer Service Representative to manage all outstanding self-pay balances.
- Takes patient payments via all possible payment options that include prompt payment discounts, payment plans, a bank loan or setting up an online account.
- Assists Patient Advocate in resolving patient concerns related to financial issues.
- Refers patients to Financial Counseling for walk-in visit or appointment as appropriate
- Works closely with Financial Counseling and Pre-Access services regarding patient self-pay balances
- Courteously answers telephone calls and promptly returns voice mail messages, routes calls and takes accurate messages as is appropriate.
- Manages correspondence from patients online.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness by making recommendations and communicating trends and issues to supervisor.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with organizational vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced, team environment.
Hiring range depending on experience $16.50 to $20.63
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4458 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.