CT Technologist – Full Time – JOB# 1488
In accordance with the Colorado State Board of Health, all staff working for Estes Park Health are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Going forward, we expect the same for any temporary traveling employees confirmed to work for Estes Park Health. We will not be taking exemptions from those unvaccinated.
Work –Life Balance for all staff – including COVID-19 nurses!
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado. From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Demonstrates cooperative attitude in accomplishing the common goal of patient care within the department and with other personnel affected by the department of Diagnostic Imaging. The CT technologist is responsible for carrying out diagnostic tests using Computed Tomography (CT) scanners, and works in tandem with other medical personnel in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Operates CT equipment for the purpose of capturing diagnostic images of a particular segment of the patient’s body.
- Positions patients to obtain appropriate CT exams
- Performs Quality Assurance tasks according to ACR guidelines
- Assists Director with ACR and DNV accreditation.
- May call for, transfer, position and manage patients independently with a high degree of professional care, tact and courtesy.
- Ensures the safety of the patient at all times while in the Diagnostic Imaging Department.
- Administers contrast material based on GFR criteria’s.
- Performs patient screening prior to the exam.
- Demonstrates competency in the operation of CT scan equipment and contrast injector.
- Wears a radiation monitor at all times while working in the department.
- Ensures maximum protection for the patient against excessive radiation, follows ALARA concept.
- Accurately interprets physician’s orders, seeks clarification if needed.
- Is thoroughly familiar with all departmental routines, scheduling techniques, record keeping and procedures offered. Knows progression of departmental workflow, paperwork, including complete submission of exam to the radiologist for interpretation.
- Understands the use of Meditech, PACS including medical imaging post processing software.
- Assumes responsibility for general departmental neatness and cleanness, including orderly storage of materials.
- Ensures that patients are comfortable during the examination, explains the exam to the patient, and answers patient’s questions.
- Maintains professional affiliation(s) and certifications for own professional growth and as required by such organizations as to stay current and in compliance.
- Maintains familiarity with and complies with professional ethics.
- Rotates within the department to cover call on evenings and weekends (including shift work during the summer months), as required.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent; graduate of AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- CT certification by ARRT required.
- Must have at least one-year experience as a CT technologist.
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- American Heart Association BLS
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family needs!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.