Cook – PRN (As needed) – JOB #1552
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
Prepares menu items for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (related to assigned shift), salad bar, caterings or special “new parent” meals.
PRN – Shifts and Days will vary
- Record daily refrigerators/freezer temperatures, and menu temperature logs for each meal.
- Check communication board, catering board and email for updates and changes.
- Obtain and check list of hospital patients with diet orders from computer terminal. Make note in communication regarding number of patients. Check unit diet cards for changes in diet or consistency.
- Utilizes extended spread sheet for diet and portion control specification.
- Dishwashing and sanitizing as required.
- Maintains, cleans and sanitizing kitchen equipment (refrigerators, freezers, all ovens/steamers, mixer/ emulsifiers, can openers, range, salamander, hood panels, steam kettles, plate warmers, steam tables), shelving, floors, walls, fixtures, and ceilings.
- Serves and assists fellow staff with patient/resident room trays assembly and delivery.
- Serve and assists fellow staff to provide timely serving of residents at meal time, following meal time schedule.
- Maintain compliance with County and State Health Department guidelines on food handling, persona hygiene and dress.
- Assists fellow staff with cleaning and bussing dining room tables after breakfast, lunch and dinner meal times as needed.
- Provides on-the-job training and orientation to new dietary aide staff when requested.
- Participates in departmental CQI activities as requested.
- Attends 75% of all departmental in-service/staff meetings and completes all mandatory training as assigned.
- Follows manufactures instructions when preparing cleaning and sanitizing solutions, or as instructed by the Director.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- Must be able to do fractional and non-metric math computations on a high school level.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Vocational training in food service or three (3) years’ experience in food service, preferably institutional.
$18.00 – $23.00 depending on experience, plus 5% or 10% PRN differential.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.