Clinic Registered Nurse – Full Time – JOB# 1644
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Provides patient care by conducting patient assessments, administering treatment and medications and performing diagnostic testing. Conducts appropriate vitals assessment, lab testing and/or procedures based upon nursing assessment of patient’s presenting problems. Reconciles patient medications and updates allergy information. Notifies physician of all pertinent changes to patient’s medical history, medications or allergies.
Full Time, M-F, 8 hour shifts
- Current license as an RN required
- Minimum of 2-3 years clinical experience.
- American Heart Association BLS
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in all areas listed on Competency Testing Checklist, including use of equipment and in-office labs.
- Assures that Competency Achievement Plan is complete and updated annually.
- Accurately and completely documents pertinent information relative to the patient’s presenting problem and clinical interventions in a timely manner.
- Administers treatments, performs testing, delivers patient education and triages medical emergencies independently and within established protocols.
- Delivers patient education, counseling and instruction both independently within the scope of a registered nurse and in consultation with the provider.
- Demonstrates responsiveness to patients as an advocate, collaborating with the patient and provider to achieve their healthcare goals. Returns patient phone calls in a timely manner. Responds to refill requests within 24 hours or the next business day.
- Demonstrates outstanding customer service and patient engagement skills. Represents EPH in a skilled and professional manner. Contributes to effective teamwork and fosters cooperation within the team.
- Accomplishes effective schedule efficiencies and utilization based upon patient presentation and physician parameters.
- Facilitates referrals, prior authorizations and other clinic support functions as assigned.
- Demonstrates EPH performance standards and actively participates in process improvement.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH Vision, Mission and Goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
$28.00 – $42.00, depending on experience.
Full Range of Benefits to fit the needs of you and your family. All Benefits are provided to all full-time and part-time employees.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled into a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with your financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to add additional funds to your investments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.