Certified Surgical Technologist – Full Time – Surgical Services – JOB #1027
The scrub surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Processes all instrumentation equipment, supplies for surgical procedures and maintains log book of sterilization as needed.
- Prepares cases cart with all needed supplies for surgical procedures.
- Setting up, tear down of OR before and after surgical procedures while applying sterile technique.
- Works closely with physician during surgery to achieve best outcome for the patient.
- Identify future purchase replacement needs, monitor for outdates.
- Takes On call as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with AORN Standards.
- Actively participates in the Time Out Process.
- Assists with GI procedures.
- Utilizes and actively updates surgical preference cards.
- Accurately performs counts for sponges and instruments according to P&P.
- Labels all medication on the sterile field, both syringe and receptacle.
- Exemplifies Customer Service.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- ORT or Certification program
- 1-year previous experience preferred but not required