Certified Pharmacy Technician – Full Time – JOB# 1353
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Estes Park Health is a non-profit critical access healthcare facility in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. Founded in 1975 by the residents of Estes Park. Estes Park Health is the community’s comprehensive health-care resource with a focus on superior, compassionate care that consistently receives high patient-satisfaction scores. The Estes Park Health system serves the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. It integrates acute and emergency care with community health, which includes the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic health care through medical and surgical services; a 23-bed critical access acute care facility, a 24-hour emergency department with ambulance service and air transport; primary care and specialty clinics; home health and hospice; and a 52-bed skilled nursing facility.
The Certified Pharmacy Technician works under the direction of the pharmacist in following policies, procedures or protocols, according to state and Federal law, as well as Critical Access Hospital (CAH) regulations, with respect to, ordering, receiving, storing, distributing, preparing, administering, documenting, returning, destroying, or otherwise managing medication.
Full Time, varied days and hours.
- In the absence of the pharmacist, works independently to meet the objectives listed in number one, providing documentation for retrospective checking by the pharmacist
- Accurately performs monthly automated dispensing machine inventories for outdates and overstock
- Accurately prepares annual inventory
- Shares on-call duties with other member(s) of pharmacy department
- Participate in committees as assigned
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CPT certified
- AHA BLS required
- One-year experience as hospital pharmacy technician
- Experience with aseptic technique and CSTD manipulations
- Prefer experience with pharmaceutical supplies and terminology and with storage or distribution systems including an automated dispensing machine
- Must be computer literate. Initiative, good judgment, and adaptability are important
Base Pay $17.48 – 21.85