Administrative Assistant, Radiology Services – Full Time – Internal Only – JOB #1494
Apply NOW at https://eph.org/job-opportunities/
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Purpose and Scope
The Radiology Imaging Services Assistant is involved in many aspects of administration of the DI department. This person will perform tasks related to patient interaction, film file maintenance, file-room PACS duties, policy management, radiology contract and maintenance agreements management, secretarial duties, and other various duties as assigned, to support DI daily operations and to provide administrative support for the Diagnostic Imaging director, radiologist, and department. This person will help welcome patients and visitors by providing efficient, quality patient services. This person must demonstrate a very collaborative, cooperative attitude and will also assist with interdepartmental communication and relations throughout EPH.
Full Time, 8 hour days, Shifts will vary
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- All Staff Members perform in accordance with Estes Park Health’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department, to include imaging rooms, storage area, dressing room, film storage area and any other areas in the DI department. (5%)
- Performs accurate patient screening for radiology exams and provides patients with preparation instructions for CT, MR, US, DEXA and Fluoroscopic exams. Review’s patient screening forms, implant devises and submits to the MRI technologist for MRI safety approval. (10%)
- Creates CDs and reports as needed for referring physicians and patients. (5%)
- Uploads outside CDs per PACS upload protocol. (5%)
- Initiates image requests via PowerShare or fax request to obtain outside images for comparison to outside facilities (Mammogram, CT, MR) Establishes new PowerShare connections between EPH and outside facilities by contacting the PowerShare management team. (15%)
- Uses the Nuance PowerShare system to share radiology images with outside facilities upon request. Assists in-house providers to obtain outside images for review. (15%)
- Sends each mammogram patient a written summary of the mammogram report within 30 days of exam-per MQSA regulations.(5%)
- Maintains film file room functions, including maintenance of hard-copy film and records by purging old exams, and film scanning into the PACS system per State regulations. (10%)
- Contacts vendors to place service requests for DI units for repairs and PMs; places orders with Office Depot, Pharmacy, and other vendors for DI supplies. (5%)
- Courteously answers telephone calls and promptly returns voice mail messages, routes calls to DI areas, and takes accurate messages as is appropriate. Directs and escorts patients to imaging exam rooms. Transports patients from the radiology department to their rooms via wheelchair or gurney. Coordinates with the PASC team for STAT add-on exams. (19%)
- All other duties as assigned. (6%)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical office/registration flow and function. Have basic understanding and knowledge of medical tests, procedures, and terminology. Previous experience with Epic is a plus.
- Must be able to demonstrate typing skills with high accuracy. Good personal and phone communication skills. Ability to multitask, organize, prioritize, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with patients, co-workers, physicians, ancillary personnel, and the community.
- High level of accountability and sense of responsibility.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Performs in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years previous experience in a medical office/registration area. Have basic understanding and knowledge of medical tests, procedures, and terminology.
- Previous experience with Epic is a plus.
Hiring range depending on experience is $17.24-$22.99
Full Range of Benefits to fit the needs of you and your family. All Benefits are provided to all full-time and part-time employees.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled into a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with your financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to add additional funds to your investments.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.