Activities Coordinator – FT – JOB #1011
Estes Park Health Living Center, a 24-hour, 52-bed skilled nursing facility that’s located adjacent to Estes Park Health. In this home-like setting, our skilled professional staff works with residents and their families to provide care plans that reflect the needs and desires of the individual. Whether we’re providing transportation to local appointments, hosting a family dinner for a resident or providing nutritional consulting, we strive to provide a loving, caring environment that feels like home.
The Activities Coordinator has contact with residents of the EPH Living Center and their families, Living Center employees, prospective employees and administration, physicians, community, etc., positive and effective interpersonal relationships, communication skills and safety awareness are a high priority in this position.
- Completes activity assessment within 7 days of admission. Updates the assessment at 14, 44, 74, 90 and every 90 days thereafter. Assures that the activity plan is physician approved and communicated to other staff
- Through assessment, identifies and documents resident group and individual recreation/activity strengths, needs and problems in cooperation with the resident and family and documents resident response to activity interventions
- Keep supervisors informed of any potential problems or hazards observed with equipment, van, lift, etc.
- Ability to work in an environment of strict confidentiality and maintain such an environment, both at work and in off hours
- Participates in the completion of Minimum Data Set
- Participates in Inter-Disciplinary Care Planning
- Plans and coordinates social, recreational, literary, creative and cultural, fitness, educational, intellectual and community integration activities both inside and outside of the facility for the residents, including activates requested by the resident population
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to facility policies and procedures
- Creates and conducts activities for all residents according to their assessed needs and their abilities, ensures fair opportunities for all
- Posts activity schedules and maintains age appropriate bulletin boards and holiday decorations
- Participates in recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers, assists in assignment of volunteers to areas of greatest needs
- Promotes the activities program inside and outside the facility to community members, staff, volunteers, families, civic groups and others
- Participates in supervision of activities assistants and van driver
- Assures resident safety in all interactions
- Activities certification and long term care experience
- Current Colorado C.N.A. license required
- American Heart Association BLS
- Colorado Driver’s License; age 21 or over
- Must have ability to be flexible with changing resident population; must have ability to maintain positive, therapeutic environment for residents
For more information about this opportunity, call our Recruiter, Dan Curtis at 970-577-4458, or e-mail questions to email@example.com.