Registered Nurse ( RN ) Home Health / Hospice -Full Time- JOB# 1514
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Estes Park Health Home Health Services can provide a single service or a combination of services, medical and non-medical in a patient’s home. Our qualified staff plans, coordinates and provides care tailored to individual needs. Estes Park Health Hospice Care offers a multidisciplinary team approach to working with individuals and families to care for anyone with a life-limiting illness. The hospice team includes the patient, family, medical director, nurses, social worker, aides, volunteers and chaplain. We hold contracts with pharmacies and medical equipment suppliers to adequately meet patient needs.
The Home Health / Hospice RN completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness (es).
Full Time, M-F, 10 hr shifts, shifts days will vary
*The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Coordinator and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports any changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals
- All other duties as assigned
LES EXIGENCES DU POSTE :
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting. Bachelor’s degree, with one (1) year of home health care experience preferred.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
- Current licensure in state, American Heart Association (AHA) Provider BLS certification and valid driver’s license.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist. Considerable walking and standing. Able to lift, position and transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Hiring range depending on experience $30.00 to $37.90
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
We offer a full range of benefits to fit your needs and family for full time and part time employees!
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
Salary Range is $30.00-$37.90 depending on experience.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Lundi-Vendredi 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.