< Back to Employment Opportunities
Patient Access Representative – PRN – JOB# 1568
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services
A Patient Access Representative is responsible for registering patients in a timely and accurate manner. The Representative will gather demographic and insurance information to identify the patient and accuracy of the medical record, while also securing method of payment for services rendered. This includes validating insurance eligibility & benefits information, explaining benefits and authorization processes to our patients, and collecting payment at time of service when appropriate. Communicates with clinical departments involved in the care of the patient, to ensure a good hand off to the patient’s point of service. As the first point of contact at EPH, the Patient Access Representative will maintain a professional and pleasant demeanor that results in a positive experience for new and returning patients
Will work as needed, varied shifts. *The shift and hours listed above may be subject to temporary or permanent change at any time according to the needs required to provide excellent and full services to our customers during employment.
LES EXIGENCES DU POSTE :
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work within a fast paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good Customer Service skills for communication on the phone and in person.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Greet and interview patients and/or family to obtain accurate and complete registration information.
- Accurately and efficiently enter all necessary data into EPH Systems.
- Obtains photo identification and insurance cards from patients to ensure identity of patient.
- Communicates with the referring or receiving provider of service so patient can access appropriate care.
- Verifies eligibility of insurance, and benefit information and communicates this information with the patient.
- Collects copayment at time of service and payment options when significant patient liability is identified. Refers patient to Financial Counselor when need is identified for assistance.
- Compliant for requirements related to registering and gathering information for Medicare patients, which includes Medical Necessity, ABN (Advance Beneficiary Notice) and MSPQ (Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire).
- Assists with coverage across all registration areas within PFS to effectively handle all functions of the registration process. Must be able to work in two of four registration areas (Outpatient, Clinics, ED, and Urgent Care).
- Assist PFS Billing with special projects as needed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and EPH’s policies and procedures, both at work and in off-hours.
- Courteously answers telephone calls and promptly returns voice mail messages, route calls and take accurate messages as appropriate.
- Participates in staff meetings, team building exercises and educational competencies to ensure Representative is up to date on latest requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
$15.21-$20.69, plus an hourly PRN flat rate of $3.00.
A Unique Retirement Plan for you!
All employees are enrolled in a Money Purchase Pension Plan 401(a) which replaces Social Security contributions. You control the investments on-line yourself or with you financial advisor to help it grow. We also offer a 457(b) plan for you to ad additional funds to your investments.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Lundi-Vendredi 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.