How much could my services cost?
Estes Park Health (EPH) can provide estimates for medical care as a part of our shoppable services and all services price list which together is the “Federally Required Transparency Data” published pursuant to federal law and regulation. You may use this tool or contact our EPH Team at (970) 577-4525 for an estimate of your costs and out-of-pocket responsibility. Estimates provided by the tool may vary from actual costs and out-of-pocket responsibility based on individual circumstances. EPH strongly encourages you to contact your health insurance to understand your benefits, the amount you may owe and ensure EPH is in-network with your insurance plan. Ultimately, your insurance is an agreement between you and the insurance company. Your insurance benefits will determine the amount you owe to the facility (including deductibles, co-pay, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket maximums).
The Federally Required Transparency Data is based on information we have gathered from our claims and insurance payment files. It is not a guarantee of what you will be charged or what you will owe. The actual charges may differ from the information in the Federally Required Transparency Data for many reasons, including but not limited to: the seriousness of your medical condition, the duration of your care, the services and supplies you receive, any complications you may have, and additional tests/procedures your provider orders.
The Federal Price Transparency Data only includes the fees charged by providers who are employed by our facility. The Federal Price Transparency Data specifically identifies when employed physician charges are included. There may be other non-employed providers involved in your care whose charges are not included. That may include, but is not limited to providers such as radiologists, hospitalists and outsourced lab billing companies.
If I call for pricing, what information do I need to have ready?
Cuando nos llame, por favor trate de tener a mano la siguiente información para que podamos proporcionarle nuestro mejor estimado de precios:
· Description of services needed—as much information as possible about the specific services needed as described by your physician
· Type of services needed—if you will be admitted to the hospital as an inpatient overnight, or if you are expected to be treated on an outpatient basis
· Physician/specialist name—i.e., if you are having surgery, provide surgeon's name
¿Puedo obtener un presupuesto exacto?
Hacemos todo lo posible para proporcionarle un precio o rango de precios basado en el historial de precios de nuestro hospital para servicios comparables. Sin embargo, su factura real puede variar, y nuestros estimados de precios no están garantizados porque los servicios que cada paciente requiere pueden variar, y su factura refleja sus circunstancias individuales en el momento en que se prestan los servicios.
Our Pre-Access Services Specialist (970-577-4525) will contact you prior to services or meet with you at a pre-op appointment to help you understand your financial responsibility to the hospital and/or your health care provider based on your insurance benefits. They will assist you in understanding terms like:
· Co-payments – The portion of your bill you are required to pay at the time of registration. Co-payment amounts vary depending on your insurance policy.
· Deductibles – The amount your insurance company determines you must pay before they begin dispensing benefits on services rendered.
· Co-Insurance - Coverage in an insurance plan where the insured pays a share of the payment made on an account. For example, a patient with 70% co-insurance would mean their insurance plan pays 70% and the patient is responsible for 30%
· Insurance Claims – The bill for services the hospital submits to your insurance company or companies.
· Itemized bills – A list of individual charges for services and procedures you received during your hospital stay. Also lists your account number.
· Patient Balance – The amount on your bill that you need to pay.
· Statement of Account – Shows any activity (for example, insurance payments or denials) that has occurred since the itemized bill was sent.
Dado que cada plan de seguro es diferente, por favor asegúrese de revisar su cobertura y hacer preguntas antes de recibir el tratamiento. El no seguir las reglas de su compañía de seguros podría resultar en una mayor responsabilidad financiera para usted. Los Consejeros Financieros de Estes Park Health pueden ayudarle a entender sus derechos y responsabilidades financieras asociadas con sus servicios y procedimientos.
¿Qué se espera de los pacientes en términos de pago?
Similar to visits to your physician's office, we expect payment at time of service. If you have insurance or other coverage, we expect you to pay your co-payment,
coinsurance and/or deductible upon arrival at the hospital based on the estimate for services. After your insurance company pays us, we will send you a statement for any amount you may still owe.
To help you navigate on-going changes, Estes Park Health now provides you with access to a Patient Financial Customer Service Representative (970-577-4530, 970-577-4528) and a Financial Counselor (970-577-4327) dedicated to resolving patient balances.
If you are uninsured, we expect payment at time of service (or will work with you to arrange monthly payments) for the estimated price of your services. If, after your services are received, any additional payment is due, we send you information about any amount you may still owe. If you receive emergency care and cannot pay for your services, with your cooperation, our financial counselors evaluate whether you qualify for local and state programs, including Medicaid.
Aceptamos las principales tarjetas de crédito, cheques, giros postales y efectivo.
What does "uninsured" mean?
Una persona no asegurada es alguien que no tiene seguro o cobertura de servicios hospitalarios por parte de un tercero como Medicare, Medicaid, compensación de trabajadores o una compañía de seguros. Otros términos comunes que se usan cuando se refieren a los pacientes sin seguro son "pago propio" y "pago privado".
Estes Park Health participates in the Colorado Indigent Care Program. CICP provides discounted health care services to low income people and families. CICP is not a health insurance program. Discounted health care services are provided throughout Colorado by hospitals and clinics that
Para ser considerado para el CICP:
· The date of service and/or the last insurance payment date must be within 90 days from the application date.
· The patient must have already applied for and been denied by Medicaid. You can visit Colorado.gov and learn more about this program as well as identify if you may be eligible. Income guidelines and the application process are available on the website.
Estes Park Health is committed to caring for our patients, regardless of their financial circumstances. We strive to help address patients’ financial responsibilities in a way that is sensitive and fair to their circumstances.
Uninsured patients who meet eligibility requirements are qualified to be screened for Financial Assistance. If you are an uninsured patient and need assistance with your medical bill, please call our Customer Service Department at (970) 577-4530.
Para ser considerado para la Asistencia Financiera:
· The date of service and/or the last insurance payment date must be within 240 days from the application date.
· The patient must have already applied for and been denied by Medicaid and CICP.