< Back to Employment Opportunities
Development and Communication Coordinator – Part Time – JOB#1696
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
The DCC works with EPMC Foundation staff to facilitate donor relations, donor stewardship, communication, and community outreach
Part Time, Mon-Fri, Shift Times will vary
- In partnership with the president, identifies, cultivates, stewards and solicits Grateful Patients, donors, lapsed donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations, through phone calls, visits and other forms of direct personal contact.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with EPH Foundation and EPH Staff and volunteers.
- Makes effective use of the Foundation’s prospect management database and other institutional resources to ensure appropriate management of donors, prospects, patients, and volunteers in coordination with Foundation objectives.
- Conducts research to identify prospects and creates strategies to match prospects’ interests to the priorities of the Foundation.
- Researches, writes, edits, or oversees the preparation of persuasive and accurate solicitations, grants, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other development-related communication materials in support of fundraising activities.
- Assists in short-range and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement fundraising goals and objectives.
- Helps plan and conduct events and activities designed to increase the visibility of the Foundation to internal and external constituencies.
- Mayo represent the Foundation at business and community meetings.
- Works with the president to align public relations and donor relations strategies and communications.
- Identifies and develops relationships with media personnel, community partners and agencies to promote The Foundation.
- Coordinates media requests and follow up, while serving as the secondary media contact as needed.
- Writes and publishes website and newsletter content.
- Maintains organization’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation.
- Measures and reports on the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Assists with other external and internal communications duties as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years of documented professional or volunteer experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Good organizational skills, including time management and planning
- Good phone skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively from a Home-based Office
$30.00-$35.00, depending on experience
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Lunes-Viernes 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.