Physical Therapist – PRN – JOB# 1688
Estes Park Health exists to make a positive difference to the health and well-being of all we serve. Located about 90 miles northwest of Denver, at 7,522 feet above sea level, Estes Park Health sits in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. As a gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, the adventurous lifestyle Estes Park supplies open endless outdoor opportunities for our staff. We promote a healthy work-life balance to give our staff the time to enjoy the “playground” that is Colorado.
From pediatrics to geriatrics, Estes Park Health supplies a full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors, and visitors in the entire Estes Park Valley and Rocky Mountain National Park. Today, over 18,000 patients—residents and visitors alike—see our health care teams for both outpatient and inpatient services.
Summary of Position:
The Physical Therapist initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
PRN, as needed.
- Provides physical therapy services to patient according to a written physician’s plan of care. This may include, but not limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait and ROM-potential for rehab. For hospice, less of a goal of rehab, more a focus on maintaining comfort.
- Directing physical therapy treatment.
- Instructing patients/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services/hospice and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or master’s program in P.T. by an accredited organization.
- Two years’ experience as a Physical Therapist. Community/home health/hospice experience preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a Physical Therapist in the state of Colorado.
- Possesses and maintains current American Heart Association CPR certification.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills. Understands hospice philosophy, focus of care is comfort vs. rehab and to maintain care in their residence as long as possible.
Base Pay $44.00- $59.84, depending on experience, plus PRN hourly rate of $4.00.
Perks of working with us!
- Paid Time Off – Personal and sick leave immediately available as accrued each pay period. Annual PTO accrual in your first year is 184 hours, equivalent to 23, 8 hour, days.
- Retirement plans catered to your needs – all employees (Full Time, Part Time, PRN) are enrolled into our Money Purchase Pension Plan, 401a, which is in lieu of social security contributions. We also offer a 457(b) plan to additional funds to your investments.
- Medical – Choose from a HSA or PPO medical plan with pre-tax spending accounts.
- Dental – An affordable all-inclusive services plan. No need to choose from 2 or 3 options.
- Vision – Just for you or your whole family.
- Medical Transport – Add MASA as a supplemental for both Air and Ground usable in all 50 states.
- Accident and Critical Illness – For those unexpected life issues that may happen. Cash payouts to you.
- Term Life and AD&D INS. – Free to full and part time employees.
- Voluntary Life Ins. – Additional coverage for you to purchase for yourself, spouse and or children.
- Short Term Disability – 2 levels to purchase for your needs.
- Long Term Disability – Free to you while employed.
- Employee Assistance Program – A comprehensive program for you and your family member which includes a national provider network for counseling services, life balance services, legal and financial services.
For more information about this opportunity call Human Resources at 970-577-4544 Monday-Friday 9am-4pm (MST) or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: In compliance with federal law, including the provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or military service in its administration of policies, programs, activities or employment. In addition, EPH does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
The descriptions above are listed as is at the time of posting and could change as needed at any time in accordance with state, local and federal laws.