Estes Park Health is pursuing Process Improvement of Medication Management across the continuum of care.
- Medication management is a strategy for engaging patients and caregivers to create a complete and accurate medication list.
- A complete an accurate medication list is the foundation for addressing medication reconciliation and medication management issues.
- These tools help to identify patient behaviors that may be putting patients at risk for an adverse drug event, such as overdosing, under-dosing, missing medications or other important contextual factors limiting adherence.
- The EPIC electronic healthcare system provides many features to support medication management and to ensure effective adoption of the EPIC electronic healthcare system which provides many features to support medication management.
New regulations and a national “push” to ensure hospitals are prepared in the face of both natural and man-made disaster are key topics in healthcare quality today.
- Estes Park Health is incorporating the latest knowledge and national best practices into our system readiness plans.
- Training, drills and participation in community-wide disaster readiness simulations on an ongoing basis.