Registered Nurse – OB / Neonatal RN – PRN – JOB# 1026
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
The Obstetric/Neonatal Registered Nurse provides care and support for women, and their families, during the ante-partum, intrapartum and post-partum periods as well as provides care to the neonate from birth, through the transition phase and into the first 30 days of life. This includes resuscitation and stabilization. The nurse is also required to provide adequate education to the parents regarding care of their child(ren), and facilitate appropriate transition of family dynamics. They are responsible for making sure that all physical, psycho-social, emotional and spiritual needs are adequately met throughout the patient’s duration of stay.
PRN (As needed), Days/Nights 6-6 (actual shift hours may vary).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in nursing; experience in Maternal-Child Health nursing required.
- Current RN license to practice Colorado.
- American Heart Association BLS and ACLS, NCC Fetal Monitoring, NRP.
- STABLE within 6 months of hire.
- Competent in fetal monitor strip interpretation and intrauterine resuscitation techniques; OB and Neonatal specific medication administration; proficiency at resuscitation and stabilization of newborns; ability to care for post-partum couplet including bonding and educational needs; independent critical thinking in all situations; function at a high level as a member of a team; ability to float to other departments to serve as helping hands; competent and efficient in time management and documentation of all care.
For more information about this opportunity, call 970-577-4458 and ask for the Human Resources Department, or e-mail questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.