Activities Assistant – PRN (As Needed) – JOB# 1141
Estes Park Health in Estes Park Colorado is a strong independent community owned health care provider that offers comprehensive care comprised of skilled, compassionate caregivers. We are a non-profit critical access resource in our mountain community, providing the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
Estes Park Health Living Center, a 24-hour, 52-bed skilled nursing facility that’s located adjacent to Estes Park Health in Estes Park, Colorado. In this home-like setting, our skilled professional staff works with residents and their families to provide care plans that reflect the needs and desires of the individual. Whether we are providing transportation to local appointments, hosting a family dinner for a resident or providing nutritional consulting, we strive to provide a loving, caring environment that feels like home.
The Activities Assistant has contact with residents of Living Center and their families. Positive and effective interpersonal relationships, communication skills and safety awareness are a high priority in this position.
This position is PRN which means “As Needed”. Days and hours will vary.
- Create and implement a wide variety of individual and group activities
- Conduct transportation for residents as assigned
- Assure therapeutic programming for those residents with limited or no verbal expression and for those with limited or no mobility
- Participate in care planning, charting and record keeping
- Participate in performance improvement
- Assist in developing and managing volunteer program
- Assist in department record-keeping and schedule making
- Assist in new program development related to activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Nursing Home or other Geriatric population
- Must obtain CNA license within 6 months of hire
- American Heart Association BLS
- Colorado Driver’s License; age 21 or over
- Capable of driving a large van, sometimes on snow and ice, on mountain roads; must be able to lift 50 pounds